Quick response codes or simply qr codes are excellent mobile marketing tools. Today, these codes are being used in every aspect of marketing. More and more businesses are slowly learning of the effectiveness of these codes. Most of the methods of making use of qr codes today make a lot of sense. These codes are being used on billboards, business cards, menus, price tags and even on brochures and flyers. With these codes, users can simply scan them using their phones to reveal the information inside the code. This is better as opposed to typing in on search boxes in an attempt of finding more info on a company or brand. Qr codes can offer a variety of different information types. The most common use involved text, app links and internet links.
How to use qr codes – bad use of qr codes
While qr codes are becoming the preferred method of doing mobile marketing, the reason their full potential is yet to be realized is because most people use qr codes wrongly. Many business and brand marketers are yet to fully realize the right way to use qr codes.
Common bad uses of qr codes include:
- Using url to carry links that do not lead to mobile friendly online content.
- Sending qr codes through mail.
- Using qr codes on billboards. The traffic is always moving and drivers cannot have enough time to scan the codes.
- Including them in subways where there is no signal.
- Using them on airplane magazines, you cannot use your phone to follow the links.
How to use qr codes effectively
These are the right ways to use qr codes for maximum benefits:
- Ensure that your website is optimized for use with mobile devices.
- Place your qr codes on locations where they can be seen and fully utilized.
- If you use a digital format code, ensure the content is also in digital format.
- Ensure your qr code is big and clear enough for even low quality phones to be able to scan.